Green Technology | Energy & Environment
The research cluster team has extensive expertise in the following research areas:
- Thermal Analysis, thermal renewable energy, aerodynamics and Drag control
- Solar Drying System, Bio-oil production from waste and Activated Carbon by Pyrolysis Process
- Power economics and electricity markets, Power system investment, planning and operation optimization, Smart grids and electric vehicles, Power system alarm processing, fault diagnosis and system restoration
- Power Electronics, Electrical Renewable Energy Systems, Power Engineering Systems
- Modeling and simulation of power system for transient studies
- Antennas, Cognitive radio networks, Wireless sensor Networks, Ultrawideband communications and Signal processing
- Green Technology that includes mainly utilisation of biogenic waste, waste plastic and waste tire; application of microwave energy in chemical process; wastewater treatment; flue gas conditioning; renewable energy source, and synthesis of nanomaterial
The following are the active research projects:
- Fushuan Wen, M. A. Salam & S. P. Ang – Vulnerability Assessment in Brunei Power System
- Fushuan Wen, S. P. Ang & M. A. Salam – Supply reliability and maintenance scheduling for Zhuhai-Macau interconnected power system
- Fushuan Wen, S. P. Ang & M. A. Salam – Investment Optimization Models for a Regional Low-Voltage Power Grid
- Fushuan Wen, S. P. Ang & M. A. Salam – Life Cycle Cost (LCC) based management strategy for transmission and distribution assets”, Funded by China Southern Power Grid Company Limited, China with collaborations Shenzhen University, China; Shenzhen Power Company, China.
- Dr. Md. Gholam Yazdani – Sustainable Energy from Wood Waste and its Environmental Impact
- Mohammad Rakib Uddin – Si photonic nano technology: on-chip digital photonic logic device development for ultra-high speed computation and communication applications.
For interested research collaboration, research scholarships and/or graduate study opportunities, please contact the cluster leader or respective researcher:
Dr. Md. Gholam Yazdani
- Research Interests:
- Energy, Thermo-Fluid Engineering, Over 37 years of experience both as an academician and as a professional in Mechanical Engineering specialized in the area of fluid mechanics and flow induced vibration. Worked as a Mechanical Engineer in a steam power plant in Libya. Served in Singapore and Bangladesh as academician and professional engineer. Published many papers in International Journals and conference in the field of thermo-fluid engineering. Senior member of Universitye of Engineers, Singapore.