The School of Applied Sciences and Mathematics (SASM) has two programme areas such as ‘Applied Mathematics and Economics (AME)’ and ‘Food Science and Technology (FST)’. SASM offers four taught 3-year Bachelor of Science (Honours) degrees in:
- Agrotechnology (Minor in Business)
- Applied Mathematics and Economics
- Food Science and Technology
- Mathematical Finance
The school also offers MSc by research and PhD, and is planning to offer full-time and part-time MSc by coursework as well as short-courses.
The curriculum of each programme aims to meet the educational and career needs of learners who are going to work in environments that benefit from theoretical competency, practical knowledge and applied skills, which are required by fast growing industries and research and development organisations. SASM’s graduates have a skill set that is important for the strategies and objectives set out in the Brunei Vision 2035 and global skill demands.
SASM maintains close links with relevant public and private sectors in Brunei Darussalam for the exchange of ideas and transfer of technology. It is prepared to provide services to industries and develop innovative science and technological advances through high quality research outputs and generating commercial revenue.
SASM establishes collaborations with relevant international universities and industries for staff and students exchange, collaborative research and students’ work placement.
- To develop a strong and vibrant link among applied sciences, mathematics, economics and technology to the level of internationally recognisable standards in line with Brunei’s development goals.
- To provide quality education in the fields of Applied Sciences and Mathematics infused with industry-based training to produce graduates with strong aptitude in Agrotechnology, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Food Science, Food Technology and Mathematical Finance.
- To create and share knowledge to ensure a safe, healthy, and appealing food supply that supports the well-being and prosperity of people and the environment.
- To nurture and develop student’s capacity in providing real-life problems in today’s fast paced financial services, industries, and abundant employment opportunities by offering a solid foundation in applied sciences and mathematics.
Dayangku Siti Nur Khadijah binti Pengiran Haji Bakar
Phone | +6732461020 ext 5357
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org