Code | D102
Mode of Study | Full Time
Programme Area | Product Design
The aim of the degree programme is to produce product designers who are capable of working at a professional standard within industry (in manufacturing industry or as a consultant).
- At least a Credit Six in Malay Language at GCE ‘O’ Level
(applicable only for Bruneian students applying for Government Scholarship)
- At least a Credit Six in Mathematics at GCE ‘O’ Level or its equivalent
- At least a Credit Six in English Language at GCE ‘O’ Level or an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum overall score of 550 or its equivalent
The minimum programme entry requirements to the Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Product Design are:
- A minimum of 200 ‘A’ Level points for 3 ‘A’ Level passes in subjects including Mathematics, Physics, Design & Technology, Computer Science/ study or Art & Design).
- A minimum of 180 ‘A’ Level points for 2 ‘A’ Level passes in subjects including Mathematics, Physics, Design & Technology, Computer Science or Art & Design.
- An International Baccalaureate Diploma with minimum score of 24 points from relevant subjects at standard level, including Mathematics/ Physics, Design & Technology, Computer Science/ study or Art & Design.
- A relevant Level 5 Diploma or its equivalent (including Architecture, Interior Design, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical & Electronic Engineering).
- Relevant work experience and qualifications deemed to be equivalent to one of the above to be decided on a case by case basis by the School.
- A portfolio containing at least 10 pieces of original work that demonstrate applicant’s creative development and/or process. The portfolio should include drawings, sketches, idea developments and demonstrate relevant 2D work (e.g. posters, editorial, photography, graphic design artwork, paintings, printmaking, digital imaging, web design, etc) and 3D work (e.g. 3D design, 3D paper structures, packaging design, etc).
- A Pass in interview