The School of Applied Sciences and Mathematics (SASM) provides innovative degree programmes in the fields of Applied Mathematics and Economics, and Food Science and Technology. Curricula of SASM programmes aim to meet the educational and career needs of learners. Students are prepared for working in environments that benefit from technical competency, practical knowledge and applied skills. These skill requirements are important for research and development and fast growing industries.
The School maintains close links with applied science and technology sectors in Brunei Darussalam for the exchange of ideas and transfer of technology. It is also prepared to provide services to industries and develop innovative science and technological advances through high quality research outputs and generating commercial revenue. SASM’s graduates, expertise and resources can also contribute to the strategies and objectives set out in the Wawasan Brunei 2035.
- To develop a strong and vibrant link between applied sciences, mathematics, economics, technology and industry in line with Brunei’s development goals.
- To offer Applied Sciences and Mathematics support for Engineering, Computing and Informatics and Business.
- To provide quality education in the fields of the Applied Sciences and Mathematics infused with industry-based training to produce graduates with strong aptitude in Econometrics, Industrial Management, Science and Technology.
- To nurture and develop student’s capacity in providing real-life problems in today’s fast paced financial services industries, and abundant employment opportunities by offering a solid foundation in applied sciences and mathematics
The School offers two taught degree programmes:
- Applied Mathematics and Economics
- Food Science and Technology
The school is also developing to offer recognised postgraduate programmes by taught and research.