About the Competition
The theme of the competition is:
The video is intended to highlight the life and learning in Universiti Teknologi Brunei. Any aspect of your time may be considered for the subject matter (e.g. student life, local culture, the classroom, history, community) but we would appreciate a reflection of your relationship to the University and your learning experience; how it changes you. We hope this will inspire you to be wildly creative—no genre is out of bound, no format is too unique (e.g. animation, film, video, stop motion, photo montage, noir, abstract, art, documentary), but not more than the time allocated (Short video: 30 secs – 2 mins; Long video: 3 – 5 mins). Amaze us!
Video may also focus on any of the qualities at which UTB excels – these could include teaching, research, accessibility, diversity, sports and social life. We encourage you to draw on any and all creative and technical resources you have available on campus. Aside for cash prizes, the winning video will be used as UTB’s main corporate video, and selected to compete in the QS Asia Pacific Professional Leaders in Education Conference. This is your chance to show the world your creativity and innovation that sets UTB apart – but time is tight and we need all entries by 31st August 2018.
The competition is open to ALL UTB students and ALUMNI. Entry can be submitted as an individual or a team. There is NO limit on the number of submissions per categories.
Official Rules and Regulations
- The video must not contain any materials that are obscene, defamatory, libellous, pornographic, offensive or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or violates any law.
- No copyright materials (music, images, etc.) may be used unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this competition.
- Videos must be appropriate for viewing by the general public and by a multicultural international community.
- By submitting a video, individuals / teams agree to allow UTB to use their videos for marketing, promotion, information and educational purposes, at no cost. UTB also has the right to edit and/or derive fully the video submitted for other publicity purposes.
- The winning video submissions may be branded with the UTB’s logo at the discretion of UTB.
- UTB reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the competition and award the prizes from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination.
- UTB does not assume responsibility or liability for any video or portion thereof, or for any claims, damages, or losses resulting from the use or dissemination of any video submitted in this competition. The judges’ decision is final. Entrants agree to be bound by the official competition
rules, guidelines and decisions of the judges.
- The video must be uploaded to Youtube or any other any website. Be sure the privacy settings for the video is unlisted (but not private).
- Please state ‘Why UTB? (Reason)’ on the caption, e.g. Why UTB? Home
- Each submission must be accompanied with an entry form and email to email@example.com.
- If you wish to submit by hand (pendrive or DVD), please submit to:
Attention: Planning and Development Office
Student Staff Centre
Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
- Deadline submission: August 31st, 2018 at 4.30pm.
- Content of video
- Creativity of video
- Accuracy of information
- Impact and effectiveness in reaching to the target audience
- Overall quality of video
Category 1: Short Video (30 Sec – 2 Mins)
1st Prize – $300
Category 2: Long Video (3-5 Mins)
1st Prize – $500
If you have questions regarding the video competition, eligibility requirements or submission process, please contact Planning and Development Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org.