PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICE (PDO)
Welcome to the Planning and Development Office (PDO) at the Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB). The PDO monitors the university future strategy development and works collaboratively across the Faculties, Schools and Administrations to develop enabling strategies and integrated plans that support the University “To Be Amongst The Best 10 University for Engineering and Technology in South East Asia by 2018”. We analyse and provide high quality UTB information to internal and external stakeholders, and provide analytical briefs related to the Universities Ranking and Rating information.
The PDO is established under Vice-Chancellor’s Office and reports directly to the Vice Chancellor to overlook the 2013/18 Strategic Plan in achieving UTB’s vision.
This year, the PDO has submitted institutional data to an international ranking body (QS) for audit with over 50 different metrics was evaluated. UTB is the first university in Brunei being awarded with a 4 Star rating, confirming the quality of education in UTB. With this rating, it puts UTB alongside some of the very best universities in the world. UTB has also achieved its vision as it is ranked 165 in 2017/18 QS Asia through the analytical data submitted by PDO.
The PDO is responsible for
- The University Ranking and Rating Exercises and Projects
- Engage with the Vice-Chancellor and Executive to establish the strategic planning themes for the forthcoming year, develop long-term strategy and set performance metrics.
- Reviewing the Strategic Plan and performance against key performance indicators for the UTB
- Undertake other tasks as directed by Vice-Chancellor.
- Informs university’s Principal Officers of advice or decision made by Vice-Chancellor on matters pertaining to implementation of their strategic initiatives or UTB vision.
- Making recommendation to Vice-Chancellor on seminar, conferences, workshop, status and QS related matter.
- Arranging meeting for the Assistance Vice Chancellor to report and make presentation to Vice Chancellor on strategic plan priorities, action plan and accomplishments.
- Organising and recommending workshop, retreat, seminars and conferences related to UTB’s Strategic Plans 2013-2018.
- Responding and liaising with Ministry of Education and other Government Ministry with matters pertaining to Nation Strategic Plan
- Develop and maintain strategic and productive working relationships through consultation and networking with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve the university objectives.
The PDO Team
The PDO consists of a team of four looking after these areas:
- University Ranking and Rating
- Strategic Plan Monitoring
- Business Intelligence
Dr Lim Tiong Hoo
T: +673 2461020 Ext 1237
Dr Lee Kok Yueh; (Strategic and Planning Analyst)
Dk Dr Noor Muneerah Binti Pg Hj Jeludin; (Strategic and Planning Analyst)
Ak Muhammad Rahimi bin Pg Hj Zahari; (Business Intelligence)
We are happy to answer any queries or consultation regarding:
- Support for analysis of institutional data
- Ranking tables, Rating and Auditing, Key Performance Indicators, Institutional Metrics