UTB ALUMNI SURVEY 2020/21 REPORT

Executive Summary

A survey of UTB Alumni for 2020 was conducted during the months of April and May 2021. The propose of the survey is to track and get feedback from the students graduating in the academic years 2020/21. An email was sent to invite the 2020 alumni to participate in this online survey. Participation was voluntary. The survey was implemented using the online, and respondents were ensured confidentiality. The PDO would like to thank students who have responded to the survey.

Responses

Out of the 218 alumni graduated in September 2020, only 15 (73%) have responded. The remaining 27% did not respond with 10% of the emails returned due to invalid email address.

Number of Graduate (2020)

218

Number of Respondents

159

Response Rate

73%

 

The Survey

Respondents were asked to rate the satisfaction for UTB overall university experiences using a five-point, Likert-type scale consisting of 20 items as shown below. The alumni were also asked about their current employment status 9 months after graduation.

Q1

Age

Q2

Program Area

Q3

Program Type

Q4

Studied Type

Q5

Year of Graduate/Completion

Q5

What was your employment status 12 months after graduations?

Q6

What was your position regarding further study in the 12 month after graduated

Q7

Current Job Position

Q8

Current Employer/Company Name

Q9

Current Employment Address (City/Country)

Q10

Overall, I am satisfied with the teaching quality of the course

Q11

Overall, I am satisfied with my experience at this university.

Q12

I would recommend this course and university to my friends and family.

 

 

 

 

 

Employment and Further Studies Statistics

From the survey, out of 159 respondents, 95% of the 2020 alumni were employed within 9 months after graduation. 90.9% (100) are working in full time occupation while 9.1% (10) works as part time. 4 graduates take up part-time study while working as part-time employees. The breakdown of the employment as shown below 

Employment

Full time work

100

Part time work

10

Unemployed but seeking employment

6

Not available for work

43

Total Respondents

159

 

As for the remaining alumni, 43 alumni not available for work have taken up full time education while 4 enrolled in part time making 30% of the total number of alumni responded pursuing their further studies.

Further Studies

Not studying

112

Full-time study

43

Part-time study

4

Total Respondents

159

 

Overall Satisfaction

In overall, 90.6% of the alumni were satisfied with the quality of the teaching-learning process in the UTB. 93.7% of them are 75% satisfied with the overall universities experience with 72.9% of the alumni would recommend the course to their family and friends. The breakdown of the responses is shown below.

 

Strongly Agree

Agree

Neutral

Disagree

Strongly Disagree

Overall, I am satisfied with the teaching quality of the course

62.9%

27.7%

8.8%

0.6%

0.0%

           

Overall, I am satisfied with my experience at this university.

33.3%

60.4%

5.0%

1.3%

0.0%

           

I would recommend this course and university to my friends and family.

30.8%

42.1%

25.8%

1.3%

0.0%