Doctoral degree programme (PhD) at UTB is primarily research-based. They equip students with the skills required to advance knowledge, and human progress. Doctoral degrees are typically opted by those who seek depth of knowledge, to enjoy creative problem solving, and who aspire to hold high level positions in their respective fields.
- A graduate Master’s degree recognised by the Senate or an upper second-class honours Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, recognised by the Senate.
- At least a credit or its equivalent in English Language GCE O-level or a valid IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum overall score of 550 or its equivalent. The IELTS or TOEFL is to be taken within two years of the start date of the programme. The English Language requirements may be waived where qualifying studies in Higher Education were in the medium of English Language. Where candidates completed their higher learning more than 2 years prior to their current application, they will need to show that they have continued to study or work.
Students who wish to be admitted as a mature candidate must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Applicants must at least have 5 years of relevant working experience for admission to a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree;
- At least a credit 6 in English Language at GCE ‘O’ Level Examination or a grade ‘C’ in IGCSE English (as a Second Language) or a valid IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum overall score of 550. The IELTS or TOEFL is to be taken within two years of the start date of the programme
- Obtained an undergraduate degree or equivalent, recognised by the University Senate
- Satisfactory interview
Applicants for PhD degree should identify a potential supervisor and prepare a Research Proposal when submitting application.