UTB entered the QS Asia University Ranking (QSAUR) in Oct 2017 at #165 for the very first time. This is a significant milestone for UTB 9 years after being upgraded to a university status. UTB achieved its visions “To Be Amongst the Best 10 Universities for Engineering and Technology in Southeast Asia by 2018” as UTB stands at position #9 for universities specialising or offering Engineering and Technology programs in Southeast Asia (SEA), featured in QSAUR. UTB also stands at #40 amongst Engineering and Technology Universities in Asia and #30 in Southeast Asia.
Engineering and Technology University from South East Asia to be ranked in QS ASIA.
- Nanyang Technology University
- Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Bandung Institute of Technology
- University Petronas
- Chiangmai University
- Taylor’s University
- Universiti Teknologi MARA
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei
According to QS Institutional Classification, UTB ranked at #22 as subject focused university and #24 for high intensity research university in ASIA. QSAUR uses the following indicators for the ranking.
- Academic reputation (30%)
- Employer reputation (20%)
- Faculty/student ratio (15%)
- Citations per paper (10%) and papers per faculty (10%)
- Staff with a PhD (5%)
- Proportion of international faculty (2.5%) and proportion of international students (2.5%)
- Proportion of inbound exchange students (2.5%) and proportion of outbound exchange students (2.5%)
Click here for QS Asia Ranking Methodology