Academic Continuity Plan for August – December 2020/2021 Semester during COVID-19 Outbreak
24 July 2020
As UTB continues to safeguard the well-being of our students and staff, Teaching and Learning activities for August – December 2020/2021 Semester has been arranged accordingly. The new arrangement is based on UTB BCP and findings from the survey on Delivering Online Education Platform Usage during COVID-19 Crisis at UTB.
Teaching and Learning Activities Arrangement
Week 1 onwards:
(Operational Readiness Level 4 will be in effect from 27th July 2020)
In addition to the above, we are pleased to inform that with reference to the Ministry of Health’s Media Statement on 22nd July 2020, His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam has consented for further reduction of social distancing measures implemented following the COVID-19 outbreak in the country.
The reduction allows schools, vocational, technical and higher education institutions to move from Operational Readiness Level 3 to Level 4 from Monday, 27th July 2020.
UTB Operational Readiness Level 4 will involve the easing of restrictions below, effective from Monday, 27th July 2020:
- The University Library is allowed to operate with a capacity of not more than 100 people at one time.
- The counter services at the Staff and Student Centre, and the Finance Office at UTB will operate as usual with opening time from 7.45 am to 12.00 noon and 2.00 pm to 4.30 pm.
- The surau and prayer rooms in UTB are allowed to operate at normal capacity starting Monday, 3rd August 2020. However, users are still required to bring their own prayer mats, and wearing a face mask is encouraged.
- Staff and students will be allowed to use four (4) badminton courts at the UTB Multipurpose Hall (MPH) with a maximum of sixteen (16) players at any one time. The opening hours remain unchanged, from 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm on the following days:
- For Staff: every Wednesday and Saturday
- For Students: every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
The current procedure for entering and exiting the University’s premises that requires body temperature check, attendance login and the use of BruHealth app remains unchanged. Please refer to “Procedure for Entering and Exiting UTB premises during Covid-19 Pandemic” on UTB website at www.utb.edu.bn/COVID-19.
While on campus, staff and students are reminded to continue complying with all the directives issued by the Government, as well as to practice our social responsibilities by maintaining personal and hand hygiene at all times, practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette and recommended to wear a face mask in crowded places.
Thank you for your kind attention and continuous cooperation.