The financial support will cover the cost of filing for patent protection, which may include:
- International fee
- Transmittal fee
- Search fee
- Legal fees and Miscellaneous
- Filing fee in Brunei (optional)
- Request for certificate of grant (optional)
The winning invention must meet the following conditions:
- It is a patentable invention/innovation.
Patent only applies to an invention which can be a product or a process that gives a new technical solution to a problem.
- It must satisfy the patentable invention's conditions under the Patents Order, 2011, Section 13 (1).
The followings are the non-patentable inventions/innovations:
- Under Patents Order, 2011, Section 13 (2) - "An invention, the publication or exploitation of which would be generally expected to encourage offensive, immoral or anti-social behaviour is not a patentable invention".
- Other ideas that cannot be patented are:
- Scientific or mathematical discoveries, theories or methods,
- Literary, dramatic, musical or artisitic works.