The 4th International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Information Systems (CIIS 2020) will be held on 25 – 27 January 2021 in Brunei Darussalam and is being organised by School of Computing and Informatics (SCI), Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) to provide an opportunity to research scholars, academicians, industrialists and research students to interact and share their experience and knowledge in the recent technological advancements in the field of Computing and Information Systems. The conference venue will be either at UTB or a renowned hotel in Brunei Darussalam.
The Conference looks for significant contributions to all major fields of the Computing and Information Systems in theoretical and practical aspects. It brings together experts from industry, government and academia, experienced in innovation, design, innovation and research. We would like to invite you to contribute and participate in CIIS 2020, which will be held in the City of Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam.
CIIS 2020 offers a rich program, including keynote address, paper and poster presentations. The conference therefore provides UTB an excellent opportunity to attract expertise and professionals from academia and industries from all over the world to come to Brunei Darussalam for sharing, networking and collaboration.
Theme of the Conference:
"Digital innovation towards Sustainable Development Goals "
Digital innovations using technologies are powerful tools that can have a transformational effect on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) according to a new report by the Global Enabling Sustainability Initiative (GeSI) and Deloitte. The report identifies and quantifies how technologies can help governments, businesses, and philanthropic organisations accelerate their efforts to achieve each of the 17 SDGs. Producing innovative outputs using digital technologies has accelerated the development of these technologies in recent years.
Digital innovation is at the heart of every organisation. This will allow digital changes to grow, transform and evolve things to be better, faster, and cheaper. In support of these initiatives, “we can focus on optimising currently existing capabilities while also directing R&D at new capabilities based on their impact and seek to better understand how the actions of government, businesses, non-governmental organisations, and citizens may affect progress towards achieving SDG” (Deloitte,WallStreetJournal). With this, CIIS 2020 program is taking shape and this upcoming issue will provide an excellent international platform for sharing knowledge and latest innovations and developments.
This will include Big Data, the Internet of Things (IoTs), Machine Learning, Business Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, Digital reality, Blockchain, SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud), Product and Design technology, Smart Products, User Experience (UX), Human Centered Design (HCD), Additive Manufacturing, Information Security, Computer Networks and Cyber Technologies.
- To provide a platform for UTB researchers to be able to engage and interact with international researches, experts and professionals.
- To encourage academics and researchers to participate and generate research outputs.
- To enhance SCI, UTB visibilities as leading research institution on Computing and Informatics in Brunei Darussalam.
- To provide a platform for international and regional researchers and experts to share their findings.
To sync with the main conference theme for CIIS 2020 of " Digital innovation towards Sustainable Development Goals ", the topics include, but are not limited to:
- Application of Intelligent Information System: Data Analytics; Big Data; Automates Business Processes; Data Science; Business Intelligence, SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud); Machine Learning; Artificial Intelligence; Software Engineering; Health Info Systems; Bioinformatics; E-Learning
- Application of Networking and Information Security: Internet of Things (IoTs); Security Visualisations; Cyber Security, Computer Network; Wireless Sensors Network; Security Analytics; CIA triad (confidentiality, integrity, and availability); Malware; Intrusion Detection; Software Security; Cryptography; Digital Security
- Advancement of Digital Innovation: Industry 4.0, Data-As-A-Service; Fintech; Predictive Analytics; Product and Design technology; Smart Products; User Experience (UX); Human Centred Design (HCD); Additive Manufacturing; Virtual Reality; 3D Animation; Game; Cryptocurrency
- Theoretical foundations of Digital Innovation: Statistical Inference; Graphical model; Pattern Recognition; Neural Networks; Predictive Modelling; Deep Learning; Game Theory