CIE | About Centre for Innovative Engineering (CIE)
His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah, the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam and Chancellor of Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) officially launched the Centre for Innovative Engineering (CIE) at the UTB convocation on the 23rd of October 2014. His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam has approved the formation of CIE as a platform for quality innovative engineering and research.
The UTB Chancellor expected CIE to become a center of excellence and to serve as a reference for collaboration between local and foreign agencies towards impacting the society.
CIE is a platform where all academic member of staffs across the university are welcomed for basic as well as applied innovative research under the scope of the following research areas (but not limited to):
- Computer Science& Engineering, ICT, and Machine Intelligence
- Technological Innovation in Agriculture
- Sustainable Environmental Technologies and Civil Engineering
- Advances in Electrical Power Systems, Control, and Renewable Energy Resources.
- Advances in Electronics, Photonics, Telecommunications and Signal Processing
- Innovation in Materials, Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering
- Innovation in Engineering Mathematics
- Technological Innovation for Education
- Advances in Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
- Innovation in Product Design and Innovative Architecture
Dr Mohammad Rakib Uddin
Director of Centre for Innovative Engineering
T: +673 2461020 Ext 1320
Pg Dr Rafidah binti Pg Haji Petra
Deputy Director of Centre for Innovative Engineering
T: +673 2461020 Ext 1321