Code | D101
Mode of Study | Full Time
Programme Area | Architecture
The aim of the degree program is to develop a creative, diverse and rigorous approach to design from the start. It provides an educational environment in which the study of architecture can be developed at an undergraduate level. It also aims to equip students with skills to practice architecture and also an understanding of the technological, professional, cultural and architectural contexts in which those skills can be deployed in a creative way.
- At least a Credit Six in Malay Language at GCE ‘O’ Level
(applicable only for Bruneian students applying for Government Scholarship)
- At least a Credit Six in Mathematics at GCE ‘O’ Level or its equivalent
- At least a Credit Six in English Language at GCE ‘O’ Level or an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum overall score of 550 or its equivalent
The minimum programme entry requirements to the Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Architecture are:
- A minimum of 240 ‘A’ Level points for 3 ‘A’ Level passes with minimum of grade C including Mathematics, Physics, Design & Technology, Computer Science/ Study, Art or Art & Design.
- An International Baccalaureate Diploma with minimum score of 30 points from relevant subjects at standard level, including Mathematics, Physics, Design & Technology, Computer Science/ Study, Art or Art & Design.
- A relevant Level 5 Diploma in Architecture, or its equivalent (including Interior Design, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering with at least 60% or higher of the modules with Merits).
- Relevant work experience and qualifications deemed to be equivalent to one of the above to be decided on a case by case basis by the School.
- A portfolio containing at least 10 pieces of original work that demonstrate applicant’s creative development and/ or process. The portfolio should include drawings, sketches, idea developments and demonstrate relevant 2D work (e.g. posters, editorial, photography, graphic design artwork, paintings, printmaking, digital imaging, web design, etc) and 3D work (e.g. 3D design, 3D paper structures, packaging design, etc).
- A pass in interview.