In line with the vision of the university, this program area was formed.
The main aim of the programme is to meet the demands of the fast-growing creative industries where highly capable and multi-skilled graduates are being sought after. The programme addresses the skills shortage by providing potential students with the fundamental knowledge and skills that will be attractive to future employers. The programme has been developed with good industry links to ensure that the graduates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills that meet the ever-changing and dynamic demands of the creative industries. The programme also inculcates research attitude in students by promoting problem-solving skills and engaging students with newly developed technologies in creative industries.
Mature candidates, both in the public and private sector, who have significant relevant experience in the field, and relevant qualifications at HND or equivalent level, will also be eligible to apply for this programme.
The degree programme consists of relevant modules in computing, information technology, as well as relevant modules in designs and creative computing. The final year project is significant and extremely relevant to the future undertakings of the students. Emphasis is placed on the practical application of the theories and principles developed in the modules.
Upon completion of this programme, graduates are expected to have:
- Understand the fundamental knowledge in creative computing technology
- Understand the application of information technology in creative industries
- Understand the criteria for effective communication using multimedia contents
- Be able to apply creative computing technology in digital media production process
- Be able to create interactive multimedia applications
Careers and Further Studies
With a degree in digital media and creative multimedia, students can seek employment in both local and international creative industries. This includes interactive multimedia applications developers, rich internet applications developers, special effects programmers, sound designers, 3D graphics programmers, production managers, project managers, creative director, digital artists, 3D modellers, 3D riggers, 2D/3D animators, production manager, film director, art director and researchers. The programme is also designed to provide a platform for graduates career development, innovation and/or further study to postgraduate level.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicants for admission to first degree programmes must satisfy the following minimum entry requirements:-
- At least a Credit Six in the Malay language at GCE Ordinary Level (applicable only for Bruneians applying for a Government Scholarship).
- At least a Credit Six in Mathematics at GCE Ordinary Level or its equivalent.
- At least a Credit Six in English Language at GCE Ordinary Level or an IELTS score of 6.0 or TOEFL minimum overall score 550 or its equivalent
Programme Entry Requirements
For applicants who have obtained a GCE A level certificate, the minimum requirement is
- (Route A) 200 ‘A’ Level points for 3 ‘A’ level passes including either (i) ONE subject listed in Group A below and TWO subjects listed in Group B below, OR (ii) TWO subjects listed in Group A below and ONE subject listed in Group B below, OR (iii) all THREE subject listed in Group A below,
- (Route B) 180 ‘A’ Level points for 2 ‘A’ level passes including either (i) at least ONE subject listed in Group A below and ONE subject listed in Group B below, OR (ii) all TWO subjects listed in Group A below.
Group A – Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Computer Studies/Science, Thinking Skills.
Group B – Applied ICT/IT, Accounting, Art & Design, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Design & Technology, Drama & Theatre Studies, Economics, Geography, History, Psychology, Sociology, English Literature, Media Studies, Music Technology, Travel & Tourism.