First Stage De-escalation of COVID-19 Restrictive Measures in Universiti Teknologi Brunei
10th June 2020
Dear all staff and students,
Following recent developments of COVID-19 situation in the country that is currently under control, we are pleased to announce the start of gradual de-escalation of restrictions in Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) effective from Monday, 15 June 2020 as follows:
- The University Library will be opened for normal services with admission limited to 20% of normal capacity.
- Counter services at the Staff and Student Centre, and Finance Office will resume with limited opening time: 8.30 am to 11.00 am and 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm. Drop box service at these counters will remain available.
- Canteen and café are allowed to operate by strictly following the Ministry of Health’s rules and guideline.
- Graduate students will no longer be required to obtain permission from UTB BCP for campus access. However, undergraduate students are still required to obtain the necessary permission until further notice.
- All staff and students are required to use the BruHealth app to gain access to the University’s premises. This is to safeguard the health and well-being of the university community and facilitate the gradual easing of restrictions that have been put in place during the COVID-19 pandemic. The updated steps for entering and exiting the university’s premises are as follows:
A video showing the use of BruHealth app in UTB can be seen here https://youtu.be/SBqGlqjbzTg.
- Have your body temperature measured at either the Phase 2 Entrance Lobby, Phase 3 Common Engineering Block (CEB) Building lobby or UTB Library. Those with temperatures above 37.5 oC will not be allowed to enter;
- Scan your UTB ID Card or fill in the log book for attendance record;
- Scan the BruHealth QR code using the BruHealth app installed in your mobile phone. Only those with Green and Yellow Codes are allowed to enter. The QR codes are designated at the entry points of the following locations (please see attachment).
Scan the BruHealth QR code using the BruHealth app before leaving the premises.
While on campus
Staff and students are required to maintain physical distancing of at least 1.0 metre with each other, observe the correct coughing and sneezing etiquette, and ensure personal and hand hygiene at all times. Wearing of face masks is also encouraged.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation.